Ever since Power Rangers Beast Morphers was announced, production was under way, and little bits of news started to be released, the premiere date for the 26th season of the franchise has been widely speculated.
Would the original late January/early February start date, that has been the norm for the past few years, be repeated? Or, with the April 2019 start date for Hasbro’s acquisition of the toy line, would the show air later, potentially cutting down the length of the summer hiatus, and allowing for the show and the toy releases to line up.
While “Spring 2019” is a general term, and means different things to different people, here’s a quick rundown of instances where the premiere of the show was discussed:
- May 2018: In Licensing Source Book Europe, right before Licensing Expo where we got our first look at Power Rangers Beast Morphers, an article was released stating that Beast Morphers would air in Spring 2019.
- September 2018: Rorrie Travis (Devon / Red Ranger) gave an interview, shortly after his reveal at Power Morphicon, that the show would air in February of 2019 – go to the second video in the slideshow.
- August 2018: At Power Morphicon, at the Hasbro panel where Beast Morphers cast was introduced, it was said the show premiere in Spring 2019. (Around the 2m20s mark)
- October 2018: Lima Licensing stated that Hasbro has a licensing program ready to go for Power Rangers, including 22 episodes of Beast Morphers to air in February 2019.
- November 2018: Rorrie Travis states the February 2019 air date
- December 2018: Colby James Strong (Blaze) starts posting Spring 2019 for when Beast Morphers will start to be seen.
- January 2019: Burgundy Ranger (who closely follows premiere dates and ratings for the franchise), recently got the January grids and ruled out a January and Feb 2nd, start date.
This does not rule out that February 2019 could still hold a Saturday premiere date. Most recently, March 2019 has been starting to be talked about as Beast Morphers’s premiere date:
- January 2019: Rorrie Travis’s clients (he’s an acting coach), posted on Instagram a meet-up with him, and said to “Look for our acting coach @rorrie.travis March 2019” and “I’m so glad he is the Red Power Ranger! Watch out for the new Power Rangers coming in March”
This is unconfirmed, but could be the start date for the 26th season. Back in Rorrie’s first interview, where he stated February 2019 as the premiere, that may have been the initial premiere date. And it may have been moved as the production of the season went on. As the show is closer to airing, he may be more informed to let people he works with know that March is the actual premiere date.
If the show were to start in February, it would be a three-ish month gap before the first wave of toys from Hasbro started to appear on shelves. In a fandom where many are used to the toys of the new show to be out during the holidays, more specifically around Black Friday, that gap would be a great change of pace.
If the show is to premiere in March, it would almost be an exact year since casting for the show had taken place: mid-march of 2018.
Power Rangers Beast Morphers will premiere on Nickelodeon, Saturdays at 12pm ET.
The Power Rangers are going full on “beast mode” with its 26th season of Power Rangers Beast Morphers, which releases on Nickelodeon in 2019. Featuring an all-new cast of heroes and villains, Power Rangers Beast Morphers will expand the Power Rangers universe with tactical leather suits, ‘Beast Bot’ sidekicks and elevated battle footage.
Set in the future, a secret agency combines a newly discovered substance called “Morph–X” with animal DNA to create the Power Rangers Beast Morphers team. The Rangers must fight off an evil sentient computer virus bent on taking over the source of all Ranger power, the Morphin Grid itself.